PIrsyncD stands for: Python Inotify Rsync Daemon.
This is an attempt of writing a daemon to watch a directory for kernel’s inotify events and then execute an rsync command to synchronize two different directories (local or remote). This is a poor man’s mirroring or an alternative (not so) real data replication mechanism and it is based on Pyinotify.
A lot of changes over the past couple releases
- Rewrite code for duplicate inode events, using python dictionary
- Added option to run PIryncD in foreground
- Added code for mirroring in first run, without looking inode events.
- Scoring 7.35 with pylint (better code styling)
- Redifind global variables (errors may occured, plz notify me).
plz try ./PIrsyncD –help to see more
Get the latest version of PIrsyncD v20100724