PIrsyncD stands for: Python Inotify Rsync Daemon.
This is an attempt of writing a daemon to watch a directory for kernel’s inotify events and then execute an rsync command to synchronize two different directories (local or remote). This is a poor man’s mirroring or an alternative (not so) real data replication mechanism and it is based on Pyinotify.
A lot of changes over the past couple releases
- Added functionality to run multiple instances of PIrsyncD (Based on Jeff Templon & Jan Just Keijser’s patch)
- Added functionality to rsync over a destination rsync server (Based on Jeff Templon & Jan Just Keijser’s patch)
- Added python regular expression module (import re), for argument validation.
- Fallback solution if rsync functionality is failed
- Changed –host argument from IP value to hostname
- TODO file Reviewed
- Better examples
- Better usage message
Thanks Jeff Templon < templon AT nikhef DOT nl > and Jan Just Keijser < janjust AT nikhef DOT nl > for your feedback on PIrsyncD.
plz try ./PIrsyncD –help to see more
Get the latest version of PIrsyncD v20100310