PIrsyncD stands for: Python Inotify Rsync Daemon.
This is an attempt of writing a daemon to watch a directory for kernel’s inotify events and then execute an rsync command to synchronize two different directories (local or remote). This is a poor man’s mirroring or an alternative (not so) real data replication mechanism and it is based on Pyinotify.
- Added variable to define the rsync version (parameter: –rsync_v2)
- Rewrite of INSTALL file (to meet better the minimal requirements)
- Checking of the destination directory is now disabled when –host is set.
- rsync append functionality was added.
- Better examples were provided.
All the above were suggested by Jeff Templon < templon AT nikhef DOT nl >
Thanks Jeff for your feedback on PIrsyncD.
plz try ./PIrsyncD –help to see more
Get the latest version of PIrsyncD v20100219